Here are some tips to keep you safe when walking
- BE VISIBLE. Wear light colored clothes at night, walk in well-lit areas, and make sure motorists/bicyclists see you before you enter the roadway.
- Stay off electronic devices, especially when crossing.
- Obey traffic signals and signs. Follow the traffic laws.
- Only cross at crosswalks or intersections. Don’t jaywalk.
- Do not assume vehicles will give you the right of way.
Click on this button to view Florida Pedestrian Regulations: Florida Pedestrian Regulations
- Walk on the sidewalk whenever possible. When sidewalks are not available and you must use the road, walk against traffic.